Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

What time zone are you in?

Okay, I admit that I tend to nitpick at nuances. But I already grit my teeth anytime I hear that Texas drawl trying to explain something.

Here's a quote from the transcript from today's speech by our intelligent president:

Today we mark the anniversary of a fateful day in American history. On December 7, 1941, our peaceful nation awoke to an attack plotted in secret and executed without mercy.


Yes, in Hawaii, the attack was in the morning. But most Americans are up and about by almost 9:00 AM. Every account that I read from witnesses was that they were up and at their jobs/duties. On ships, the raising of the colors were beginning, but very few were waking up to the attack.

Then there's the fact that America itself in their local time zone were ALREADY up. Hawaii wasn't a state yet, and only a minority of the population anyway. When Washington DC heard about the attack, it was after NOON.

But you couldn't easily make this point as effectively if you say something like "what a terrible day to find out that..."

On September 11, 2001, our nation awoke to another sudden attack. In the space of just 102 minutes, more Americans were killed than we lost at Pearl Harbor.

Again, the terrorists wanted to get people at work in the World Trade Center and Pentagon. The first attack was just after 9:00 AM local time.

And here's another gripe I have with his speech today:

Yet the terrorists have made it clear that Iraq is the central front in their war against humanity. So we must recognize Iraq as the central front in the war on terror.

Iraq is not the central front in the war on terror. It is a focus of anti-Western imperlism(sp?) tendancies. Iraq was not a hub of terrorist activities before the US "liberation" of Iraq.

I know, I'm such a nitpicker for things like THE TRUTH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home