Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Never forget

Today being December 7, I will go and visit the Arizona memorial at the Student Union today. Since I can't afford a ticket to Hawaii, it will have to do.

The History Channel had a show from both Navy men and civilians living on the island to recall their memories of that day. The hardest part for me was to watch the end when a Navy man was telling us that Pearl Harbor should always remind us that an attack can come on any day and we should always be vigilant.

This show was produced before 9/11, but it's sad that we didn't remember. We forgot, and almost 3,000 people paid the price.

The saddest part is that my boyfriend (who will be going to work in Pearl Harbor in January for his 4th job) told me last night that he sees more Japanese visit the USS Arizona Memorial than Americans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home