Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Next time, RTFM!!!

Generally I despise reading instructions for something as simple as a progress report (especially when it's a 28 page instruction book). However, in trying to finish the progress report, some issues came up:

How long does it have to be? Uhh, my first answer is if the report two years ago was 4 pages, and last years was 4 pages, 4 pages would be a safe bet.

Do we need to make copies? My first answer is always to not waste a tree.

Unfortunately, I learned today that I should have read the damn book first. First of all, the text should be no longer than 2 pages using Arial 11 point font (piece of cake). Then, I found that I do need to include two copies. Finally, as I'm stressing over out dated biosketches, I find the line "include biosketch only if adding new personnell".

Damn.

So why can't I get the report in FedEx today? Because the University needs to sign off on the report, and they won't sign it unless next years buget looks okay.

Bastards. The budget is going to change anyway because most likely they'll give us a 3-5% increase. So you want to go through the routing process. Then redo it all over again in January when we have a new budget.

Tree killers. If I had known they were this anal, I would have sent them the budget last week when I finished it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home