Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Friday, November 18, 2005

Men and directions

*ugh* Blogger's having posting issues. So I don't know when this will get out. But I'll just tell the story of my boyfriend and directions while I'm finishing my coffee.

Boyfriend will be coming up to my parents house Wednesday for Thanksgiving. He emailed me last night and reminded me I need to provide directions. So I sent back a long winded email on the best way to get to Fountain Hills (could come from two different directions). Then provided details on the speed traps, street names, landmarks, number of stop signs/lights you have to pass through before next turn. Plus the street you turn on for my parents house has a different name than the street address because as you round a corner, it changes names (but it's not very well signed at all).

I ended the email with the physical address, phone number, and a suggestion that I could meet him at the edge of Fountain Hills, and he could follow me to my parents place. It's part of my spring time tradition because visiting family members from Chicago can NEVER remember how to get there.

He replied - "thanks, I think I can find it."

No offense, but this is coming from the guy when I gave him directions to my place I said "follow Speedway for 12 miles and turn left past Pantano". So what did he do - turned on Pantano. Umm, then why is my street address on Speedway? To his credit, he did find it.

I tried to stress to him that if you look at at map of Fountain Hills roads, it looks like an ant hill from hell. Streets change names, very few streets are straight (and/or level hence the Hills part of the name). I've been driving through Fountain Hills since I was 16, and I can still get lost. So quit being macho, and let me show you the way to my parents house (there's also more than one way to get to their house, adding more confusion to people).

We'll see what happens...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home