Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Friday, December 09, 2005

I knew there was a reason I didn't buy a HDTV yet

I suppose something similar happened with the first programmable VCR's, but half HDTV owners think they're watching HDTV, but really are not.

This is the best part of the article:

The survey confirms the long-standing prejudice of many of us non-videophiles that HDTV really isn’t all that impressive. Still, it is milding shocking that so many people plunk down money for an HD set, but never catch on that it isn’t actually turned on.


Heck, if millions of people are willing to plunk down hundreds of dollars for the latest iPod or digital camera, why not piss away the money for a HDTV set, and not activate it.

I suppose part of the problem is that they buy their TV's at places like BestBuy where the minimum wage salesman doesn't know that you need more stuff to watch shows in HDTV. That's why it's helpful (if you have the money) to buy at speciality electronic stores - those guys know their stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home