Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Border life

Slate Magazine started a series of articles of Arizona residents living on the border of Mexico. It's worth checking out. So far, issues such as drug runners, trash, and aggressive migrants have been covered.

I know my parents won't admit it, but I'm sure stories such as these are the reason why they don't move to Patagonia, AZ. And I'd worry about them as well. They have 17 acres of land with a wash running through the property, and only 20 miles from the border. They said if they lived there, they wouldn't get a dog, and they don't have any working guns (antiques).

So the land sits vacant - at least there's no home for migrants to break into and no water source for them to use (the well is capped).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home