Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Season's rants

Why is it when you're looking for a specific item for someone to get as a Christmas present, you can't find it to save your life?

My mom said that all she wanted from us for Christmas were dish towels. Her last good ones ended up a sickly green color from a continuously bleeding tablecolth. She only likes the towels that are fuzzy. I gave her a set once of the non-fuzzy ones after I discovered they were much better for things like bread making, and they conviently "disappeared".

Of course, it's the non-fuzzy towels that stores like Target and Kohl's are stocking thsee days. Kohl's had fuzzy dish towels, but there were all Christmas themed. Which would not work in June.

I lucked out completely at Table Talk (it was next to Kohl's so I am not running all over town). I'll stop by Mervyn's after work today, even though it'll bring me in the vicinity of THE MALL. Fortunately, it's nearby, but not in the mall itself. If I luck out there, I'm going to have to break down and start visiting the stores like JC Penny, Sears, etc. (which of course are in THE MALL). If I can get this last gift without visiting a mall, I'll be a much happier person.



I finally finished putting up as many lights on my Christmas tree as I'm going to do. I have only 300 blue mini lights on a 6 foot tree. It still looks neat, but a bit anemic (I usually do 400-500 lights). Since I have to treat the tree like an egg shell since the stand isn't stable, and the last thing I want to have happen is the whole darned thing to collapse. Plus it's more difficult to put lights on the tree when you have a fluff ball camped out under the tree.

Tonight I might even put some ornaments on it. I took some pictures of it's blue glowing beauty before I realized that I was missing the star (opps).

After that was done with, Adira the fluff decided to leave her safety of under the tree and pay a visit to the sleeping Magnum. This is usually when he'll get annoyed that she's invading his personal space and seriously munch on her. But he didn't budge when she plopped down on the ground and butted her head against his. I got some pictures of this conjoined look.

Then to my surprise, Magnum actually licked her head a bit. I snapped a picture, but I don't think it's obvious that what he was doing. Then he fell back asleep, and Adira decided she wasn't up for napping and left to go play ball.

So maybe there'll be peace this Christmas season (in my house anyway).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home