Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Acceptance

I've worked for my boss for many years. So you can guess that the news of his diagnosis of glioblastoma multiforme hit me kind of hard. Then I spent the next six weeks taking care of his house after work while he was getting treatment.

June was a hard time. His treatment was over with, and started a clinical trial of an investigational medication for his tumor. Until it was confirmed that the medication caused his problems, I thought for sure that he was not going to last too much longer. Once he was off that medication, he did a lot better.

Yet, I quietly suggested that if there was a vacation he wanted to do with his family, he should go now before his daughter started school again. That didn't happen. I figured that since he was doing better, and would do it some other time.

But he announced yesterday that he's in California to watch the Angels play in their playoff game. He's always been a fan, so I'm glad he's doing this. Yet, I wonder if he's doing this as part of his "end of life" experiences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home