Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

yeah Redbridge

Figured I'd celebrate me getting a job today by looking for Redbridge.

Boyfriend and I stopped at AJ's last week on our way to Prescott Valley and asked the liquor guy about it. He admitted that he hadn't heard of it before, but the rep was coming to visit that afternoon and he'd ask then. He then sold me on a Japanese rice pale ale (and a case of Bard's Tale).

Stopped by today, and he was there working. He didn't remember me at first, but when I asked "Do you have Redbridge?" the light bulb flashed on, and he remembered me.

"Yeah, we still have it in the back. How much do you want?"

I decided on only a 6 pack in case I don't like it. At $8/six pack, it's the one of the cheapest gluten free beer out there. What's nice is that when the liquor guy at AJ's has to go get it in the back, it comes out cold.

So I opened a bottle this evening. It's a twist off top, which is a first besides the passover beer. Very nice. Makes it a lot easier to make a magnet from the bottle top.

I tried it from the bottle, but wasn't enjoying it a lot. So I poured it into a beer mug (not chilled). It allows me to measure the color. I wouldn't call it red, but it's a pleasant color that is slightly darker than Bard's Tale or New Grist.

From the mug, it's a very drinkable ale. I even poured a second one with dinner. What else should you have with brauts?

I'll work on a beer summary tonight. In the meanwhile, I put a couple beer mugs in the freezer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home