Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

sick dad

My dad hasn't been feeling well for the last couple of weeks. But when we showed up on the 24th, I was shocked to see him so gray looking.

He didn't go to Christmas Eve dinner. Didn't go to Christmas Day dinner, but shuffled out during desert to say "hi" to everyone.

My mom started hooking him up to a blood pressure cuff. His pressure was a bit low, but the pulse was close to 100. I felt it was way too high for just sitting on the couch.

Called his primary care doctor on the 26th. Got in, got medicine to lower the pulse, and got blood drawn.

His doctor called this morning. I answered since he was still sleeping (which worried him). Got dad to pick up the phone, and we left for Wickenburg before he would come out and talk to him.

Called mom on the way. Doctor making room to see him this afternoon.


His blood count was so low it's requiring a tranfusion of two units tomorrow. So he's bleeding somewhere. Probably his stomach since it was hurting him a bit.

It'll be up to the GI to figure out where he's bleeding. I just hope he holds out until they can figure it out.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home