Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

study details

Read through the consent form for the Alba Therapeutics trial. All 11 pages.

Despite her assurances I'll be given the medicine, there's a chance of placebo. But they are testing several doses of their drug. And it's a measured amount of gluten for the challenge, which I was kinda expecting. So I'm glad I didn't make my list of of "open season" desires.

Have to agree not to get pregnant throughout the seven week time committment. Have to record things on a Palm program (so hopefully that can get uploaded to my Treo), and perform some sort of intestional measurement thing the day before I go to the clinic (but it was lacking on details).

First two visits are lab work (lots of lab work), EKG (before and after). Will get antibody tests, and cytokine measurements.

I'm going to try and qualify for the study. I'm only worried that with my latest gluten episode (a doozy of an episode) will jack up my antibody levels too high to qualify in the immediate future. I would like to get the first few time intensive visits done before working a M-F job.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home