Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Stranger

It was strange going to the hardware store to get some dowels for organizing my craft things. Mom gave me something to return, and a little list of things to get.

Walked in, and gave the return item to the cashier I met last Sunday. She didn't recognize me. Got my list of things, and several inquiries asking if I was finding everything okay.

I used to work at this store. But it was so long ago, that there's few people there that remember me. I might be working there just to get a paycheck.

When I went to exchange the return item with my list. She rang things through, and then I asked her to charge my mom's account. Then the lightbulb went on, and she remembered me. She asked me how the move was going.

Got home and gave mom the laundry list. Tried the dowels I had cut to my measurements. Way too short for initial plan, but might just fit with backup plan.

Hopefully will get to do that a bit next weekend. If the kitties will come out from under the bed after they see their new surroundings.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home