Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Oh please, oh please

Still recovering from another tough weekend. Got back to Tucson after 5 on Sunday and crashed early to try and recover. And yet, I still feel run down and crappy. And I forgot my travel coffee cup full of fresh coffee this morning.

But I was doing some searching to see if there's any celiac research going on in the valley. Figured I could use my celiac as an advantage. Came across a scary article about a case study involving a patient with celiac only testing anti-gliadin positive and had NK cell lymphoma.

I knew that celiacs in general have a higher risk of lymphomas.

I need to find a good doctor for my follow up care relating to my MCS. I also want to get the basic tests done for vitamin levels and a basic CBC (to kill the lymphoma possibility).

Once I gave up searching publications, I came across a website about the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale being part of the Alba Therapeutics clinical trial. They're testing a pill you take before wheat consumption and it prevents the immune response from it.

I called and left a message for the clinical nurse. I think I can qualify. So it's time to chant "oh please, oh please, oh please" until I hear for sure that I can get in.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home