Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Jealous?

Unless I "diassociate" myself, I can't keep things in. Guess this is why I don't know any government secrets. And if you know me enough, you know when I'm disassociating and can guess that something's up.

Anyway, the Phoenix guy (really Scottsdale guy) texted me on Friday as asked if I could meet him for lunch.

Said that Saturday was no good since I usually get there a bit too late for lunch, but Sunday might be doable. Would let him know.

Well, laundry was out at my folks house due to a bad washing machine. No shopping with mom and gram since nephew is going to be at the house until sister gets back from Flagstaff. So I told Scottsdale guy that I could do lunch.

We texted back and forth while running errand at hardware store. Sushi at 12:45 at someplace that I could easily find. He offered to come and pick me up. I'm keeping the "smart hat" on, and said it'd be better for me to leave for Tucson after lunch.

It was a nice lunch. We both like sushi, so we got a variety of things. He got beer, and I got sake. We talked about lots of things. He's off the having his own kids, and willing to be involved with kids of other people. But I didn't feel a spark or chemistry, or whatever. He paid for the lunch, walked me to the truck, and parted with a kiss on the cheek.

So I call San Diego boyfriend. I felt kinda bad that I wasn't totally honest about the lunch date. I said that he's interested, and I was curious. I was feeling lonely after all. I said that there wasn't a spark or electricity like I felt with him so he shouldn't worry about that.

We talk about it. He said he understood. He then passed along the line that since I've had no luck with the Phoenix job searching, I should look in San Diego.

I think I made him a bit jealous.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home