Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Monday, September 18, 2006

is this normal?

*ugh* Definately a hit and run with this cold I caught.

Friday morning, I was feeling good. About an hour after lunch, I realized I had a sore throat and a burning nose. I left an hour early. Hit the sack early.

Saturday AM, I could migrate from bed to couch. Holding kleenexes in my hand as if it were a lifeline. Felt stuffy in the ears as well. But the headache put the cherry on the sundae. It wasn't on my "usual" pain level, but it was enough to be annoying. The worst part was the position of my head that helped the congestion run out my nose made the headache worse. Went to bed early that night.

Sunday, I felt a bit better. A former neighbor of mine keeps calling, leaving messages of "call me". But it's a blocked number - which is why I don't answer it. Then she doesn't leave a number in the message. Too many other things to worry about like getting better. Went to bed early again.

Monday, I feel a bit more human than Sunday. Can't just go back to bed since the kitties have to be taken to the vet. Start coffee, and hop in the shower. I always clean out my ears after a shower because I think that the steam helps clean them out better. Not surpised that there's a lot of gunk on the q-tips since I felt the congestion in my ears.

But the left ear looked brownish-orange. Almost as if it's been tinted with red. So I go for a gentle second pass. Yup, this one has blood on it. Not a lot, but enough for CSI to do DNA testing on it.

I don't think that's normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home