Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Good things about my "vacation"

True, I needed a bit of a vacation from my vacation. But slogging through I-17 after an accident could do that to anyone. Here's some of the good things that happened on my vacation:

Boyfriend. Enough said. We talked a bit about the "holding pattern" of our relationship. He said that he's scared of his job standing and might be looking for a new job in six months. So he's scared to have me come out there, and have to up and leave again if he's working somewhere else. But he said that he thinks about it a lot, and wants to make sure he can support me if needed.

Hilton Tapatillo. Yes, I'm still mad at Hilton for the whole Fran's disaster. But it was an awsome resort. We had a suite, complete with comfy bathrobes, and big bath towels. There were six pools with complentary hot tubs scattered throughout the resort. One was hidden towards the back of the resort (where we were staying) and up about 30 flights of stairs. We had that pool area to ourselves all Thursday except for the pool guys. My only gripe was that there was a charge for using their internet access. But the waitress at one of the restaurants top notch (requires further details).

Picazzo's Pizza. Boyfriend and I met with my sister and brother in law at their Scottsdale location. With the 101 freeway, it didn't take us that long to get there. By in far, they offer the biggest gluten-free menu I've ever seen. They were out of the gluten-free beer, and their flatbread for the brie and garlic was terrible. But their gluten-free pizza only took five extra minutes to make, and was soooooooo good. To me, it didn't taste gluten-free. Boyfriend shared my gluten-free pizza, and sister and BIL shared their own medium. All very filling, and very tasty.

Parent time. Yes, I get along very well with my parents. They came down Thursday night, and we treated them to the Mexican restaurant. My parents like boyfriend a lot, and vice versa. They're going to HI on Thursday, so I'm glad I got to see them before they go out of town.

Good friends. Drove out to matchmakers on Friday. Early that evening, we drove out to Blue Ridge Reservoir. We stopped for fast food on the way, and still managed to find a realatively dry campsite and get tents setup before darkness set in. No rain while there, but plenty of beer drinking, and good company.

Minimal carnage. Got home finally Sunday night, about three hours later than I had hoped. Forget laundry, but it isn't necessary since work clothes weren't used on vacation. Only one small pile of dry cat food that Magnum puked up was visible, and the remotes were scattered on the floor. Not too bad considering the potential damage that could have been caused by the terrorists in fur coats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home