Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Friday, July 28, 2006

willing to buy energy

I wish it were as simple as buying from an electric company.

Rather, I sleep all night, and wake up throughly exhausted in the morning. Then for extra sleep deprivation, the storm that blew through last night was so loud I couldn't even hear my AC kick in.

Yes, I know I have a sleeping disorder. Yes I know there are medication options out there. Yes I've tried them. The first class of drugs act on dopamine receptors. After building up to the prescribed doseage, it kicked my mind into overdrive. I was physically awake with runaway thoughts. I'd rather be dead asleep and not aware that I'm not resting.

The second class were the anti-epileptics. Worked for a few weeks, but then stopped working. Darned tolerance again. Still haven't heard back from when I left a message with the doctor about what to do. So I quit taking it Wedneday night.

At least when I stopped taking it, the bad side effects didn't kick in. Of course, I'm not taking it throughout the day like I had been before. But it's nice to not have that "everything that moves is falling asleep" feeling.

I just wish there was something I could do to get up and rested the next day. I can't sleep 13 hours every night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home