Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

diet and exercise

*ugh* I need to lose a few pounds to fit back into some of my pants. It's better today since over the weekend, I was gaining water for the upcoming (and unexpected) period.

So diet and exercise it is.

My Mom advised me that you either watch the carbs or watch the calories. But don't mix either or. Since I like fruit (a fruit energy bar is 32 grams of carbs), I'll stick to reducing calories.

Yesterday, I did pretty good. I need to figure out how many calories are in coffee, but the foods I could count calories on was only 250. Lunch was 270 calories (thank you Diet Coke with lime!). Dinner is estimated to about 650 calories, and I had a fruit energy bar of 140 calories on the drive home.

I know it's better to eat fewer calories at night, and eat more in the morning. But this morning, I had less of an appetite. I had only 125 calories.

The one thing I didn't do yesterday was get some exercise in. That is, unless you count a 10 hour workday as exercise. Since I threw my back out a couple weeks ago, walking sends sharp shooting pains down my legs. So I decided that walking in Sabino Canyon isn't such a good idea. My solution - pool time.

Lots of people use a pool for exercise. I might even pick up some water weights for resistance stregthening. But today, it's going to be just to swim one end of pool to another, and tread water for as long as possible.

That should burn off some calories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home