Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Friday, July 28, 2006

no HIPPA in insurance world

Since I work with clinical patients, HIPPA is this thing we tend to speak in hushed tones "can't say that - HIPPA."

Maybe not that bad, but you get the idea.

So I answer the lab phone when it rings. It was someone looking for the post-doc. After I stifle a laugh since he normally doesn't make in before 1:00 PM unless he has to be here, I ask to take a message.

"Oh, this is Brian from his insurance company."

I suggested he call the cell phone.

"I tried that already and left a message. I was just trying to get in touch with him about the vandalism report he filed."

"Well, that would suck. But I'll tell him that you called."

I found out more from the insurance guy than I would have if I had just asked the post-doc if anything was new. Turns out that it happened in the parking lot at work, which sucks even more.

A minute later, the post-doc did show up. But only because he has to rely on roomie to bring him to work since he can't open the driver's door. Made off with his stereo and pricey amps.

Makes me all the happier that I can make due with my factory default stereo and speakers. Not too much of a market for crappy GM parts I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home