Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

drop this!

*sigh* I'm still missing the last item from my big spending spree to end out a grant.

The first time I called, it was regarding two items from the same manufacturer. The "parent" company said that instead of having the manufacturer ship to parent, then parent ship to me, they'd do what's called a "drop ship" and have the manufacturer ship it directly to me. Essentially cut out the middle man, even though the middle man is going to get paid anyway.

Last week, one of the two items from the manufacturer arrived via UPS. Good start.

Yesterday, I'm still waiting for the second item to arrive. Call parent company to bitch. They look it up, and said that it was shipped on the 19th, and should arrive today (Monday).

Late in the day, it finally dawned on me that it HADN'T arrived. So I called the parent company, but I'm playing nice since I never got the tracking number in the first place. Mr. Nice Customer Service Man looked into it, and told me that the manufacturer screwed up.

Yes, the manufacturer shipped on the 19th. But for some reason, they didn't go with what worked the first time, and neglected to put the room number on the shipping label. So when it showed up in the loading dock, they didn't know where it would go. So it went back to UPS shipping center in Tucson.

Then Mr. Nice Customer Service Man said that he contacted UPS and gave them the room number. And he gave me the tracking number, so I can bitch at UPS if it doesn't arrive tomorrow when expected.




I have had nothing but nice experiences with VWR International. Perhaps it's because I have to put our customer account number in when I call. It's nice that when someone answers (in less than a minute), they know where I'm calling from already because the customer service number is entered already. That's what should happen with smart service systems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home