Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

poor boyfriend

My poor boyfriend had a rough day today and I wasn't there to do anything to help him.

He was scheduled to have a CT done. Most CT scans are done with contrast dye these days, and I didn't think anything of it, but I joked with him last night that he might get a hot flash from the dye.

He went, got the scans done. As he was getting dressed, he felt itchy. Then he noticed the hives.

He said that he then got a technician. They recognized it as an allergic reaction to the dye. Stuck another line in him, poured fluids in, and started pushing Benadryl. He said that his vision got blurry for a time, and then slowly he got better.

He had the nerve to complain that the second IV bruised his arm.

"Honey," I explained "they're less concerned about bruising and more about saving your life."

I also told him he was a good boy for bringing up the itching after the exam, and said that at least he was in a good place to have such a reaction.

When they let him go, he stopped and got a late lunch with a few beers. Appetite is a good thing.

Having massive amounts of Benadryl from a drug allergy makes most people tired. When I had my reaction, I was so sleepy afterwards I was grateful to have my friend drive me home. And here he goes and makes a stop at BevMo where he finds my gluten-free beer in stock today.

Got home about the same time I did. We talk for about 45 minutes about what happened. Then he finally says that he's tired and wanted to go lie down.

About time ;-)

But I'm so touched that after all he went through he got me some of my beer to enjoy this weekend. Now I'm really glad I got the surprise gifts as a belated birthday present for him (he's earned it).

It's days like this that make the distance tough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home