Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Rain, rain

....don't go away

Last night two storms blew across my neck of the urban woods. The first was the heavy rain, lightning, and thunder. Very cool. An hour later, the wimpy stepchild showed up. Never heard the rain, but I saw it. Didn't hear lightning or thunder. I suppose the lighter rain is better because it has more of a chance to soak in. Heavy rainfalls just run off.

Hopefully it'll do that again tonight. I'm trying by tempting fate. I do still park in the shade spot, but I roll the windows a small bit, and leave my umbrella in the car. Yesterday, I noticed around 1:30 that you could smell rain in the building (that's one good thing about fresh air intakes). Looking outside, it didn't look liked it rain. It had rained just enough to get the windshield dirty (seat was still dry). So take that :P

I know this increases the chances I'll have to eventually walk a couple blocks in the pouring rain, but it'd be worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home