Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Sunflower

I've heard about this new chain of stores called "Sunflower Market". I drive by one on my way to work every day.

I thought it was a "Food City" kind of place (don't ask - if you don't know, you're better off).

Then I heard about this doctor friend of mine said that she only shops at Sunflower. Interesting timing since I saw a commercial for Sunflower advertising a market for gluten-free diets.

So I stopped by there on my way home from work. Found various gluten-free products scattered here and there. The produce selection is pretty good. Their frozen food section isn't much - too much stuff and not enough space. But the prices are pretty good. Cheaper than the other stores I've seen gluten-free foods (sorry guys). So I got my stock of the Blue Diamond almond crackers, Amy's soups (ummm, corn chowder), soy crisps, and Arizona Tea Company's Sweet Tea. I also got a bag of one of their trail mixes from the bin (they had like a dozen different kinds!) that has dried cranberries, pineapple, cashews, and chocolate chips. And the chocolate chips didn't melt even though I still had more errands to run.

I talked to the cashier asking if they had a list of their gluten-free foods. He said "No, but in the back corner by the restrooms there's a table with gluten-free snacks and foods."

I tried to walk through the store, but totally missed the table. Something to look at the next time I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home