Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

One day with the new toy

Okay, I've had my new Treo 650 for a whole day now.

I've already customized the color scheme, uploaded all my contacts, loaded the pdf reader program (one of my pdf files wouldn't convert though).

Playing with the camera with my photogenic Magnum, and next month I'll get the internet package to upload the ubercute pictures. After my activation fee clears.....

The keys are a bit small with my large fingers, and I find I'm using the stylus more than the keyboard.

One issue that came up was when I got home, I tried to unlock the phone. You have to press a phone key (either on or off) and then it prompts you to press another key to unlock the phone. The prompt came up, and then locked up. Taking out the battery, then turning on the phone again after the Palm reboots fixed it. If it does it again, I hope I'm in vicinity of the store to take it and hit the salesman head with it.

I cleared a space in my purse for the new phone. But the pouch doesn't latch closed and is too high to the top of the purse. When the purse falls over in the car, the phone would tumble out causing me a quick panic until I found it between the seats.

I also need to splurge on a Bluetooth headset next pay period.

Plus I couldn't help but notice that in places my other signal would die cause the signal to die too. The connection flakieness doesn't seem to be happening though. But my Treo takes a long time to refind the network. As long as it works at Alamo, I'll be happy.

I also splurged for the Roadside Assistance package for the phone. It's only $3 more a month. I hope I won't need it in the middle of the desert, but it's peace of mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home