Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Another GM ripoff

Okay, I still don't know HOW it happened. One weekend morning over a year ago, I went to the stores at a strip mall. Used my remote to lock the doors, went to store 1, then store 2. Then to my dismay, keys and remote to unlock the car are MISSING

I always kept a spare car key and remote in my purse and fished it out to unlock the car. Every day for two weeks I'd stop by both stores and ask if a set of keys were turned in (the two biggest stores in the strip mall). Every day, no luck.

Went around to replacing my keys that were on the set.

But still had the nagging feeling that I should have an extra remote to my car. With the cutoff switch, just having a key to the car isn't good enough - it won't start without using the remote.

My Mom was telling me a story about Grams getting confused about that. When her battery died, she was able to use the second key to start her car. Her battery wasn't replaceable, and she paid about $50 for a second key.

I started to notice that I was having to press Unlock several times before the doors would unlock. Fearing that my battery was dying, I figured now was a good time to get a backup remote for my car.

So I stopped by the car dealership. It'll cost $90 to get another remote. Then another $50 to program it so it'll unlock my car and unlock the ignition.

"What? That's a ripoff!"

The good news is that the battery is replaceable on my remote. $4.50 later, that was taken care of.

Guess I will not have to lose this remote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home