Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A better reason for a wall

I don't know what the best answer is for illegal immigration. I could probably win a Nobel prize if I could figure out someway to make everyone happy.

But the weekend's death toll of illegals shows the need for something to be done.

Honestly, incidents such as the accident of a vehicle fleeing the border patrol is what scares me the most. I try and avoid roads where accidents have happened at night because I don't want to be the unfortunate victim that is in the wrong place at the wrong time. High speed pursuits of a car of illegals is a danger to themselves and anyone that happens to be in the area.

If not in car, then on foot they come. It's fricking hot right now. It's supposed to be 108 today. That's hotter than it's supposed to be. Just in running a couple errands in my air conditioned car dehydrates me. You'd need to be pulling a water tanker with you to have enough water to get through the desert right now.

So they get in trouble in the desert. To get help, THEY SET A FIRE. How many wildfires have been started this way this year - too many to count. It's all good intentions, and so far nobody's lost a home to such a fire, but I expect that to change the rate the fires are coming.

These are good reasons why there should just be a wall to prevent them from coming in the first place. The current system is putting more and more people at risk which could be avoided if they can't come in at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home