Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I need to learn to sew

I have a decent sewing machine. I have some nice patterns and instructions on how to do it. I even have some pretty fabrics. The problem - it's all greek to me in trying to UNDERSTAND the instructions.

My Mom used to sew stuff for us when we were little. It's mostly the Halloween costumes I remember most. But there were patches sewn on jeans when the knees would get worn through, and the Polish costume dress that also came from her sewing machine.

I was too young to learn from her and her techniques. She still has her sewing machine. But after she started working when I was 10, the machine gathered dust in the closet.

My sudden need for shutting up and learning to sew - blouses. About six months ago, I grew a couple more inches in the bust area. This morning I had to try three button down blouses to find one that wasn't constricting my chest with every breath. And it still pulls more than I like in bust area. I don't want to look like a slut, but I want blouses that aren't frumpy big in the waist either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home