Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Gut cleansing

Having celiac, I know when I've had something with gluten in it. Typically, I don't know until hours after the consumption, so there's little I can do to prevent the gluten from getting to my intestines. And I'm not a big fan of purging....

So Sunday I was having terrible problems, most likely from the kettle corn I ate Saturday night. A fellow support group member offered me something to help with the problems. It wasn't a drug, all natural, and supposedly works very quickly. I tend to be of the mindset that if I'm trying to get problems out of my gut, I should let it run its course. But the abdominal pain was pretty bad. So I took it.

Sure enough, the pain subsided, and I didn't need to make a bathroom run the rest of Sunday. Same with Monday.

But Tuesday, whatever was left in my system came out in full intensity. So I was pretty miserable.

So should I just keep taking the medicine to keep the gut in check, or just let it run its course?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home