Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Monday's protest

Yes, I know the picture's gone....the webserver hosting it finally bit the dust - will look for a new home

So how did today's protest affect me? Well, traffic seemed a bit easier on the drive in - the drive home is the big test of traffic.

Still was able to get a cup of coffee at the coffee stand this morning.

Got a sandwich today for lunch at the cafeteria. Didn't recognize any of the staff. But the sandwich maker I got understood the "gluten-free" bread concept - so he gets kudos points (even if he didn't know what was supposed to be in the sandwich I ordered).

Register lines were a bit longer than usual because three of the four registers were operating today. Still got through pretty quickly.

In short, basic services at the hospital were still functioning. I was still able to get coffee and food. And we managed without immigrants.

So, take tomorrow off while you're at it. And the next...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home