Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Light blogging

I know I've been neglecting this.

I'm still getting over my latest screw up with celiac.

Saturday night, boyfriend wanted to take my Dad out to dinner to thank him for his help with the "toy truck". I chose an italian chain that offered a gluten-free menu. A nice bonus is that it offered wine in small carafes that came out to two glasses for only $3 more than a single glass.

After boyfriend and I drove around east valley for things for the "toy truck", we headed back to parents home for drinks. Boyfriend made Tequilla Sunrises, and I had four of them BEFORE heading out to restaurant.

Then I had a small carafe of white wine with dinner. My gluten-free dinner was good. But boyfriend just HAD to get clams and mussels with pasta and his choice of sauce.

Boyfriend had gotten me to like clams and mussels the last weekend we were in San Diego. So I just had to have a mussel from his plate.

After I ate it, he commented "I'm sure you're not allowed to have the sauce."

Too late.

A moment on the lips, four days of gut cleansing to recover. Gut cleansing for celiacs involves no absorption of anything you eat. So I'm so tired and draggy. Fortunately, my appetite doesn't go up since the stomach doesn't know any different.

Today, I woke up at a more "normal" time for me. And I'm feeling a bit stronger. So I guess all is getting better.

I gotta stop making rash decisions about food after lots of alcohol in my system....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home