Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Monday, May 01, 2006

just tearing my hair out

This weekend the celiac support group had an information table at the county fair. Actually, it had been there for a week, but this was my weekend to sit there and answer questions.

A fellow celiac person made a good suggestion - list gluten-free foods available at the fair. We weren't sure. Since I've been having control problems here and there, I try to go with known safe things such as roasted corn, coffee, etc.

When I was finishing up my Saturday shift, someone brought over some kettle corn. I know that the kettle corn made by ConAgra foods is listed as gluten-free. And nothing tastes as good a fair kettle corn. So I had some.

bad idea....

I picked up a taco salad at Wendy's on the way home (listed as a gluten-free product). Ate that and went to bed. Sunday I woke up just miserable. I didn't do anything except shuffle to the bathroom and then back to bed. I was in a lot of stomach pain, allleviated by needs to go for gut cleansing.

At least the last shift Sunday ended earlier than was told. At least my skin is doing better with this new cream I got to reduce the lesions on the skin when I do have a slip-up. I had no breakouts this morning.

So I just have to get through this week somehow until my energy gets back. I'm hoping to find a cheap flight to San Diego, because I don't want to drive, but whatever happens happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home