Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

anti-social troll

You know, sometimes it's nice to be holed up in my lab where the doors are locked 24/7.

I had gone to the office to turn in some paperwork. As I was leaving, I ran into the "slacker". She's a nice person, but I swear all she does most of the time is find people to talk to for a long while. Then go to breakfast with someone. Then lunch, coffee break, etc. The quiet rumor is she knows something about her boss to ensure she won't be fired (knowing her boss, it's possible).

Anyway, her main person to hang with is still on vacation. So she came to me to "talk" about budget issues - as if wanting my experience and knowledge to help her with her budget issue. That talk lasted a minute, then I was stuck for a half hour listening to everything else going on in her life.

Thankfully, my boss saw I was still stuck in the hallway, and approached me to talk about the paper. So she snuck away to go find someone else to waste time with.

Not that I want to be an anti-social troll all the time, but darn it, I'm stuck in data hell. It's only going to stick around until I start working on it. So go away and let me work on it.

(thanfully I can share my iTunes library with a password to entertain me while I"m stuck in data hell...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home