Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Holy airline seat!

Don't look now, but Southwest Airlines is considering assigned seating.

Since I live in the southwest, Southwest Airlines is where I look first for a flight. They're perfect for the hour flight to Vegas or San Diego, and I managed to put up with them when I flew to Chicago last summer.

During my Chicago trip, it had been recommended that since I have a food issue to call the airline to ask them to have a gluten-free option. I called them, gave them my intenary, and they said "no problem, it's been logged into the system."

Guess what they offered me - pretzels. When I complained, the flight attendant told me they can't honor special food neeeds. Bastards - they're lucky I'm not allergic, just intolerant.

It didn't matter since I had brought along my own food just in case. But it still annoyed me.

For the hour flights, I don't worry too much. But if I have my backpack, I'll try and throw in a gluten-free snack just in case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home