Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Sigma-Aldrich: bite me!

You used to be the company you went to for any reagent or chemical. You used to provide it with no trouble.

Outsourcing turned out to be the wrong answer. Because you scatter your inventory between India, China, and god only knows what other countries, I had to pay to ship a group of items FOUR times.

You take over Aldrich, then when you order an Aldrich item, you have to pay for a separate shipment.

Then you list an item as in grams. I figure it's a powder. What did I get - 25 grams of said chemical in an unknown amount of liquid. Yup, nowhere on the frickin bottle does it say it's 100 ml, 150 ml or what. I suppose I can back calculate knowing the concentration and the known quanitity. But I already wasted a half hour making sure my calculations were correct since I was expecting a powder I could measure.

For desert, I'm missing two items - one is backordered until APRIL and the other you claim it was shipped.

Assholes. You created a paperwork nightmare with all my shipping receipts. Then cross reference what I actually ordered.

This will be the last time I order basic reagents from you. I would have used Aldrich, but you now own them. I'm sure I can find a chemical supply company willing to kiss my ass for my business. You seem to be busy having your asses kissed by everyone else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home