Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Class-action lawsuit time

Okay, not really. I hate when people jump on the class-action bandwagon after they were on a medication that was later proved to have complications.

For example, Othro Evra. I was on it for about nine months. I began to hear possible reports of blood clots. Pushing 30, I began to question if it was the best choice for me.

The clincher was the problems I was having with the patch application. I think it had a lot to do with the years of the Duragesic ruining my skin (it got to the point of open skin sores under the patch). But the Othra Evra patch began to actually bunch up. Once it just fell off a couple days before I was supposed to take it off!

Plus the hormones were making me crazy. The first week of being on the patch after my period, I was an emotional wreck.

So when I went to my annual appointment, I complained about the problems I was having. My NP switched me that day to a different type of birth control. Much happier - less hormones, and no patch application.

Does this mean I still can't sue Othra-Evra?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home