Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Almost good news

As big as Tucson is, it never ceased to amaze me that the only decent movie theatres are owned by Century. Because they essentially have the monopoly, they charge cheap rates for the first showing of a movie on the weekend, and $9 for other showings. Plus their seats are either reclining, or "loveseat".

Because the Phoenix area has theatres owned by Harkins, AMC, and a couple others, they offer the cheap rate for weekend movies until 4:00 PM. They also knock off the price a couple bucks if you produce a college ID. Plus, all their seats recline and allow the armrest to be pushed back (the "loveseat").

There were rumors years ago that Harkins was going to setup a theatre in Oro Valley. My movie friend and I were drooling, just waiting for it to open. We'd make a half hour drive to a Harkins.

Just like many other plans around Tucson, that never happened. But Harkins has committed to build a theatre - in south Tucson.

It's part of a neighborhood revitilization project. But I'm still leary of leaving my car in South Tucson. Plus, the selling point is to attract visitors from Mexico to the theatre.

Good thing I'll be living somewhere else by then. I can go to the Cine Capri by AMC and get a good experience (and trust my car won't be harmed while it's parked).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home