Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day gripe

I'm so trying to think this is just another day on the calendar. But I haven't turned my desk date thingie to February 14 (I'll set it to the 15th tomorrow).

Boyfriend is still in HI, and will be there until March something. So we've talked about the dead flowers thing, and the obligation to buy a gift because it's a day on the calendar is stupid. For the most part, I agree. I said I'd just be happy if I could see him and hold him - but that will have to wait a few more weeks.

My biggest gripe is that I could have bought a card. There are plenty of cards that are friendly, funny, and don't say the "L" word. But I didn't want to be too obvious by having to ask for his address there.

So I thought that an e-card would be a decent (albeit lame) substitute. I haven't found anything close yet that's funny, whitty, and lacks the "L" word.

Why do I care so much about that one word - because we've been going out for seven months now. The best he's been able to do is say "I really care about you". I don't want to put pressure on him or freak him out with the "L" word.

The type of relationship we have, that's fine. I don't except love to happen with the distance we have between us most of the time. But darn it, find me an e-card that doesn't use the "L" word!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home