Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Valentine's Day? - whatever

I told boyfriend today that I'll be glad when Tuesday is over and done with.

He asked "What's Tuesday?"

(if only he could see the smirk on my face) "Sweetie, Tuesday is Valentine's Day."

"Oh, why will you be glad it's over?"

"I'm sick of hearing about all the flowers and jewlery I'm supposed to be getting. I don't get to see you for another month."

"True - sorry baby. You know how overpriced roses are for Valentine's Day, and they're dying flowers."

"I know, but roses can be preserved. You've seen all the dried roses at my place - they all have meaning to me. What annoys me are the places that are offering drive through rose pickup. How cheesy it is to have the guy be too lazy to get out of the damned car."

He laughed at the drive through bit. Then he reminded me that he would rather do something that involves just the two of us going somewhere and spending the time together.

I said "I know. And knowing you're so far away is turning me into a Cupid killer."

Just another month before we will get to spend time just the two of us. Until then, I'm going to just try to get through to Wednesday without shooting my TV or planting bombs at the drive through rose places that have sprung up just for Valentine's Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home