Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Hummingbird tales

I put a hummingbird feeder on my porch about a month ago. I had hummingbirds visit my porch because the colors on my suncatcher would attract them. I didn't need to worry about advertising to attract them.

There are two kinds of hummingbirds that visit my feeder: the "hit and run" and the "visitor". It's obvious that there's some that continue to hover while they partake the feeder. Then others actually sit on the feeder supports and stop flying while they enjoy the nectar.

Adira doesn't seem to worry about them. So far, she doesn't seem anxious to try snacking on a hummingbird. Magnum today rushes out to the "hit and run" visitors (which is stupid because they're ready to fly already). Monday, Magnum seemed to run from terror from the visitors.

Now my feeder is so attractive to visitors that I saw a "hit and run" visitor chase away a potential visitor.

Maybe because it's overcast and sprinkling rain that made the hummingbirds hungry and viscious.

But I do like it when they chirp like they do - kind of like they're saying "thank you!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home