Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Shameless promotion

Since I can't come anywhere close to the talent that my Dad has, I thought I could shamelessly promote his works of art.

I'll post more pictures of things that he sells more of. But all of what he makes are each handmade. Everything except the javelinas are also hand painted.

Anyway, he has made these bunnies from time to time. In December, he arranged the bunnies around a tree in the front yard. He saw a Harris hawk dive for the bunnies. At the last seccond, the hawk realized something was up since the bunnies weren't moving and flew away. That inspired him to make this:
You can see one of his bunnies about to be grabbed by a hawk. He doesn't like how visible the fishing line is holding up the hawk.

Here is a more upclose shot of the front of his hawk. The funny thing is that I started to see the real hawks gather in a nearby tree the weekend this was hung. Wonder if they worry someone is invading their turf.

Here's a shot from behind the hawk. You can sort of see how each wing took two days to hand carve and paint.

These images are copyright by my Dad. If you like what you see, please comment. I'll be posting more pictures here as I get them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home