Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Salmon = yummy

I went grocery shopping with my Mom on Saturday. The benefit of shopping with her is that I get to see the sale fliers that we go through BEFORE we arrive at the store.

We noticed that Fry's (the grocery store, not the electronic store) had a bunch of seafood on sale. We made a note to check it out. I picked up another pound of shrimp on sale, she got giant crab legs. We both picked up some salmon filets. I didn't know what was a good pick in salmon, so I learned the importance of that. Even clueless me could tell the Mahi looked terrible (a shame because it's my Mom's favorite).

In the salmon section, there was some marinaded salmon filets. Most marinades I can't have because of my celiac, but for shits and grins, I picked up the cajun marinaded salmon. Much to my surprise, it wasn't really a marinade, but a seasoned rub with a bit of oil. And it too was on sale, so I picked it up, figuring it was an easy dinner - bake and eat.

I was behind on the dishes, so when I finally made it back to Tucson, I figured what the heck, I'll give it a try. Oh boy, did the kitchen smell good when it was close to done.

With some rice and corn, it was a simple, yummy dinner.

Adira quickly scarfed up a few bites of salmon filets that I tossed her way. She seems to be a seafood eater for sure. I tossed her a bite that had some of the cajun seasonings. The look for shock and *bleh* was priceless.

I left her a few bites that didn't have the seasoning on it. But she ran in terror. So I left them on a plate for her. Eventually she'll work up the courage to try it.

I'm going to have to do the salmon thing more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home