Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Do humingbirds really have tongues?

I bet you never thought of it before...

I've had frequent visits to the feeder in the last hour. Maybe because it's clouded over - who knows. The dive bomber hummingbird is what attracted my attention to the feeder. It sounded like a "voom" as it dive bombed the feeder.

After "Top Gun" left, another came by and almost visited every available spot on the feeder. He was chased off by another bird. This hummingbird stopped at the feeder and gave me a good profile.

I swear it looked like something was hanging off the end of the beak flicking around like a tongue. It retreated, then he left the feeder.

Never noticed that before, but I guess it shouldn't be surprising that it has a tongue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home