Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Stupid keystrokes

I suppose one of these days, I'll compile a list of keystrokes that can do things to your computer. Here's the story why:

I decided to go walk Sabino Canyon after work last night. I was hoping it would help my spastic lower right leg, and I wanted to enjoy the desert scenery again. I walked the entire 3.7 miles (going there, the last 0.7 miles is uphill). I saw a decent sized trantula, and smelled a pack of javelina (a guy on a bike coming behind me said that he actually saw them and wanted to know if I did too).

After that, I picked up a quick dinner and headed home. I had set my laptop on a table by my couch before I left. I wanted to start my IM program to let boyfriend know I was going to come back. The only problem with this arrangment is that my cats use that table as a jumping off point for accessing the top of my craft cabinet, so they've been know to walk across the keyboard.

I walked in the door, and there's no color on my screen. "WTF" I wonder. I restart, and I saw color until I logged into my OSX machine when the color would go away. Therefore I concluded that it was some screwy system setting that got tripped. I looked into the monitor preferences and when I changed the laptop color profile, it still was in black and white.

So I created a new user, logged in as new user. Setup mail program and IM program just so I could talk to boyfriend for a while. It was past 8, and I knew he'd be going to bed soon. I suppose I could have dealt with the black and white, but my Hubble desktop images looked too warped in the background.

Did a quick Mac Google search and found out one of my furry beasts simultanteously pressed "control-option-command-8" and tripped a Universal Access feature to make it easier to read if you're vision impared.

In the meanwhile, laptop will be asleep with the screen closed to prevent any further discoveries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home