Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Living with celiac

One of the things that my doctor and I thought was important to know was how much damage to my intestines have I already done. (Especially since I went over a year with an uncertain diagnosis.)

So we tried an old-fashioned biopsy. I don't remember any of it, but apparently I couldn't get sedated enough, and kept on fighting them. So they aborted the procedure without getting any useful information.

Today, we're trying the pill endoscopy. Except for the fact that I look like I have a suicide bomb around my waist (and must wear for 8 hours), it's a simple procedure to have done.

I can't wait for this day to be over with. Because I'm so "tiny", my entire torso has electrodes on it. So slouching is not recommended in case I pinch a wire or such. Then the recorder unit is about the size of a Mac mini, and is strapped to my waist with the electrodes hooked into the recorder.

But it'll be cool to see what pictures come out from all this. Hopefully the damage won't be too bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home