Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Liar, liar

When I first read about it this AM, it kind of made me sad (but I don't know exactly why). The short background of this is that in April, an army reservist named Patrick Haab held seven illegal immigrants at knife point. He claimed that he was an Iraq veteran, and felt that he was in danger because the seven had run up to him. He was improsioned for four days before being released without charges.

I'll give the Arizona Republic credit. They had reported a few weeks ago that Haab planned on suing the county for illegal improsionment. Then they looked further into Haab's military record and found out the true story.

Perhaps I'll eventually figure out why this makes me so sad, other than the fact that he seems to be a publicity hound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home