Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Catching up

I had a wonderful weekend in San Diego. The drive is a bit long, however. Although I had "carpooled" with a person I work with, and the hours of conversation were great, my neck and arms are still tight. It is about a 6.5 hour drive one way.

I arrived home just as the winds were picking up. Shortly after that, my power flickered. I held my breath, but the power didn't go out. Eventually, the rain did come, and a short while later was gone. Here's a great site for the latest on the monsoon summer storms in southern Arizona. Last night, it was a repeat of Sunday night, but there was more rain, and my power almost went off twice. The only bad side to these storms is that there is a lot of lightning, but not as much rain. The hope is that what remains of Emily will get sucked into this storm pattern and bring us a lot more rain. Until that happens, wildfires will continue to be a big problem.

I read something disturbing about the downturn of women's rights in Iraq. So much for freedom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home