Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Good find

Everyone raves about the "two buck chuck" at Trader Joe's. First of all, it's "three buck chuck" at the Trader Joe's by my house. I'm not very impressed with their current offerings of "two buck". Last summer, it was a different label, and it was good. Perhaps it was because it was a Trader Joe's in Chicago and not Tucson.

So I look down their wine isles, and picking out things to try. I was craving a white early this week, and the Chateu Ste. Michelle Riseling fitted the bill nicely. I think I paid $8 for it, and would gladly buy it again.

Today, I was looking at the reds. I picked up a Black Opal Shiraz for $6, and there was a conspicious empty space. I looked at the bin tag, and it said it was for a Kangroo Ridge Merlot. It was priced $3, so I thought it might be worth a try. It's Saturday, and I knew I could wait an hour if I asked someone to look in the back for me. So I stood on my tippie toes, and found a bottle of that merlot hiding behind the Black Opals. I stretched, and carefully snagged the bottle in my long finger tips.

It's a a nice wine. Not terribly strong for a merlot, but has a nice finish. Well worth the effort I spent to acquire said bottle, and the $3 I paid for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home