Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

BD can still bite me!

I never got a person to answer the phone at BD Biosciences.

FedEx was much more helpful, to an extent. FedEx was able to find the status of my package by providing the destination address, the name on the package, and the city where it was shipped from. Sure enough, despite assurances from the FedEx guy, the Saturday guy didn't go to the security office, and logged it as a failed delivery.

"You know all that information, but I can't tell you the tracking number."

"I'd have the damn tracking number if someone answered the phone in San Diego. But they're not. All I have is their confirmation number."

"I can give you a control number. You can pick up the package at the depo by the airport. Bring your University ID if it has a photo on it. They close at 5."

So I drive my ass down there. Oddly enough, it's about 1/4 mile from the DHL depo. I give the control number. Them asking for my ID was an afterthought. It is kind of stupid since the photo on my ID is mostly rubbed off from all the swiping my card undergoes in a week.

So the BD products are sitting in my fridge. I'm going to write a big note to NOT forget it Monday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home