Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Friday, March 10, 2006

cell phones

The Arizona Republic had an article today about the lack of government regulation of cell phone compaines. So when a customer has a problem, the celll phone company can say "screw you," and get away with it.

And they have a highly paid army of lobbists to ensure it stays that way for a while.

The article profiled a farmer, who had bills go to collection after he sent a copy of his wife's death certificate, to "please cancel her plan and close the account."

"Sorry sir, she still has 9 months to go on her contract. Dying won't get you out of paying the montly bill."

I have Sprint. The only place I get killer reception is at a Sprint store because of the tower that's right on top of the building. When it's cloudy like today, my phone goes in and out of reception area just sitting on my desk. Same story at home.

In the first year, I had it replaced twice and the firmware upgraded three times to try and improve my reception. Now that the phone isn't under warranty, I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm screwed until I can weasel out of my contract.

Much to my happiness, I saw construction of a cell phone tower a block away. I figured this would help matters.

Then I forgot about it. Then realized that a palm tree is covering its ugliness.

But Sprint doesn't have a share on that tower because my reception is still shitty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home