Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The big threat to our security

I remember the flak that hit the MSM when Google announed their sattelite photos as part of their map feature. Supposedly terrorists could use these to find out information to plan an attack. I finally started to play around with this feature. First of all, I was able to find my place, but the subdivision that's next to it is an empty lot. So I thought I'd play around with others areas that have undergone major changes in the last couple years.

I tried to look at the street where my parents live because there's been a lot of development (still ongoing) on their street. However, that area was blurry for some reason.

So I moved to a different part of my folks town. My mom manages an Ace Hardware store. They're looking for real estate to build a bigger store. If I trusted the Google Maps, I'd find this:


The blob like thing to the right is part of the town lake (man made of course). But I know for a fact that those empty areas either have developments on them now, or are being built right now.

And this was the highest I could zoom in on. I'm sorry, but if I'm scoping Google Maps for target information, I'd be a pretty terrible terrorist. So to everyone who claimed this is a threat to national security - HACAASASTFU (don't ask; just shut up!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home